Questions On Continental Drift Plate Tectonics Essay
1. List some the qualities of continental drift and plate tectonics. ( )
Continental Drift Plate Tectonics.
When Proposed: When Proposed:
2. This is a cartoon showing specific patterns which are preserved in the newly formed crust generated at the oceanic ridge on the ocean floor as the lithosphere moves laterally. What is the connection with the image on the right?
3. Three kinds of plate boundaries are recognized and define three fundamental kinds of deformation and geologic activity. List the names and describe the action of these three types of plate boundaries?
a) _____________________ b) _______________________ c) ________________________
4. D escribe an activity or explain how your students can show students how all the continents joined together in a supercontinent called Pangaea. ( 2 )
5. Describe an activity or explain how you could model lithospheric plate movement or action with plate boundaries with students. ( 2 )
6. This image shows the south Atlantic ocean. Explain how this cartoon supports the theory of plate tectonics. ( 2 )
7. Name this boundary and explain why the Oceanic Crust is being pushed downward and why this supports the theory of plate tectonics. ( 2 )
8. Is the continental drift hypothesis a better explanation than the theory of plate tectonics?…